Do not miss out on attending two ESP32 trainings in Chicago and San Francisco, which Espressif will host in partnership with Grid Connect.
Grid Connect Inc. is Espressif Systems’ franchised distributor in North America. Hence, the collaboration between the two companies in organizing and hosting two two-day developer courses focused on ESP32.
The first one will be held in Chicago, on October 15-16 (Chicago Marriott Naperville, 1801 N. Naper Blvd, Naperville, IL 60563, +1 630 505 4900).
The second two-day course will be held in San Francisco, on October 18-19 (Courtyard San Francisco Downtown, 299 2nd Street, San Francisco, CA 94105, +1 415 947 0700).
These hands-on, in-depth trainings will focus on building end-products using the Espressif IoT Development Framework (ESP-IDF). Additionally, we shall demonstrate how to develop software for the ESP32 chip and the powerful Wi-Fi+BT/BLE MCU modules built around it: ESP32-WROOM-32, ESP32-WROVER and ESP32-PICO-D4. ESP-IDF is the official development framework for the ESP32 chip and the modules built around it. These 2-day trainings will cover the latest version of ESP-IDF (v3.1) and will be given by Espressif engineers.
The agenda covers a wide range of topics and includes:
- ESP32 Overview
- Hardware overview
- Software overview
- Building a product with ESP32
- Hello World (Development host setup)
- Buttons and LEDs
- Network configuration
- Manufacturing tools
- Going in depth
- Firmware anatomy and bootup
- Memory architecture
- Security architecture
- Wi-Fi subsystem
- Bluetooth subsystem
- Power Management
- ULP and Deep-sleep
- DFS and Light-sleep
- Debugging and Characterizations
- Using GDB
- Crash debugging
- Heap and stack overflows
- Application Tracing and SystemView
- Performance benchmarking
- Memory footprint analysis
- SDK Frameworks (coverage will be based on participants’ interests)
- Apple HomeKit (requires MFI license)
- Audio SDK
- ESP-MESH SDK
- Amazon: FreeRTOS
All participants will receive a development kit (ESP32-DevKitC) as part of the course. In addition, other ESP32-based development boards, such as the ESP-WROVER-KIT-VB, ESP32-PICO-KIT, ESP32-LyraT, ESP32-Sense Kit and ESP32-Meshkit-Sense, will be demonstrated.
- Participants need to bring their laptops (Mac or LINUX recommended) and be comfortable with embedded C development.
- ESP-IDF v3.1 should be already installed on your notebook and you should be able to compile the “Hello World” example: https://docs.espressif.com/projects/esp-idf/en/v3.1/get-started/index.html
- A “C” text editor for writing programs is also necessary (e.g. Eclipse): https://docs.espressif.com/projects/esp-idf/en/v3.1/get-started/eclipse-setup.html
Classes will be from 8:30am until 4:30pm , with continental breakfast and lunch being provided on each day of the course.
You can sign up for these courses here: https://www.gridconnect.com/products/espressif-esp32-developer-training
(Original Press Release distributed, here.)