CAN USB Adapter (PCAN-USB)
CAN USB Adapter (PCAN-USB)
CAN USB Adapter (PCAN-USB): No Isolation
Manufacturer: Peak System Technik
Stock Status: In stock
We've Got You Covered
The Best CAN bus USB adapters on the market; Guaranteed! From the CAN Experts! The isolated version has up to 500 Volts of galvanic isolation between the PC and the CAN side.
The PCAN-USB allows
- monitoring a CAN network,
- writing a CAN program, and
- communicating with industrial, medical, automotive or other CAN based devices.
No power supply needed. This adapter connects a CAN bus to the USB port of a PC or laptop, which supplies the power to the adapter.
A 5-Volt supply to the CAN connection can be connected through a solder jumper, e.g., to power a simple PEAK-System accessory such as a PCAN-Optoadapter.
For advanced software monitoring (PCAN-Explorer 6), development interfaces and applications programs, check out the CAN software options.
For Mac support, visit site MacCAN OS X Library for PCAN-USB Interfaces.
Manufacturer Part # (MPN)
500 VDC galvanic isolation
- Baud rates up to 1MBaud
- 9-pin Male SUB-D
- Supports all interrupt and port addresses configurations of the USB interface
- No isolation and 500V isolation versions
- USB 1.1, USB 2.0 and USB 3.0 ports supported
Documents and Drivers
PCAN-USB Hardware Manual
Device Driver Setup - Outdated Windows Versions
Device Driver Setup - Windows® 11 & 10
Installation package with device drivers and tools for PC interfaces. Includes tools: PEAK-Settings, CAN monitor PCAN-View, LIN monitor PLIN-View Pro, Virtual PCAN-Gateway
PCAN-USB Linux Drivers
Device drivers for PEAK CAN interfaces running on Kernel 2.6 and higher.
MacCan OS X Library for PCAN-USB Interfaces
CAN: max. 1 MBit/s
- PC: USB plug type A, USB 1.1, compatible to USB 2.0 and 3.0
- CAN: ISO 11898-2, complies with CiA-recommendation DS 102
CAN: NXP / Phillips SJA1000
- 75 x 43 x 22 mm
- Isolated version: 87 x 43 x 22 mm
- EN 55024:2003-10
- EN 55022:2007-04
- EC directive 2004/108/EG
IP20, Plastic Enclosure
IO and IRQ
Automatically assigned via "plug n play"
500 VDC galvanic isolation (available only with GC-CAN-USB-ISO option)
C.I.A. DS-102 (CAN_H = 7, CAN_L = 2, CAN_GND = 3)
1 Channel max. 200 mA
- 78 g
- Isolated version: 83 g
- Driver: Supports Windows 11 & 10
- Tools: PCAN-View for Windows®
- Third Party Tools & Drivers: CANopen Object Browser for Windows, CANopen Object Browser for Linux, CANopen Commadline Tool, CANopen-over-TCP/IP Client, CAN Monitor using SocketCAN, CAN Monitor for Mac OS X Lion (10.7)
CAN: 2.0A (Standard format) and 2.0B (extended format)
Temperature: -40°C to +100°C
- Operating: -40°C to +85°C (-40 to 185 °F)
- Humidity: 15% to 90% (non-condensing)
CAN: NXP / Philips PCA82C251
Request a Quote
Curious about bulk pricing? Please fill out the information below and our sales team will provide a quote within 1 business day.
Enter up to two product names/SKUs and up to three quantities for each product. If more products/quantity quotes are needed, please include your requests in the message section below.
Please provide information where we can send your quote and reach you in the case where further information is required with the quote.
Please provide information where you'd like the products shipped to so we can give you the most accurate quote possible.
Please help us understand your use case so we can provide you with the best possible solution. This step is optional, so please feel free to skip it if you'd like.
Please confirm your request and we will get back to you within 1 business day.
Thanks for submitting your quote request. You should receive an email with a copy of your request shortly, and a member from our sales team will reply to you within 1 business day.
You Might Be Interested In
We have the best technical support engineers that know how to use our products.
If our Tech Support cannot solve your problem, we will contact the design engineer or manufacturer to help find a resolution.