ComBricks PROFIBUS DP/Fiber Coupler
COMbricks PROFIBUS DP/Fiber Coupler
COMbricks PROFIBUS DP/Fiber Coupler - Front
COMbricks PROFIBUS DP/Fiber Coupler - Top
COMbricks PROFIBUS DP/Fiber Coupler - Bottom
ComBricks PROFIBUS DP/Fiber Coupler
The ComBricks PROFIBUS DP/Fiber Coupler can be used to create one or two fiber optic links of up to 3 km each to extend a PROFIBUS DP network. Fiber links are also useful in installations with grounding problems or are otherwise in need of galvanic isolation. With the Monitoring Option, the network can also be monitored using ProfiTrace OE from a web-browser.
The coupler comes complete with a ComBricks Head Station (type 1A or type 1C - with monitoring), a PROFIBUS DP 1-Channel Repeater Module, and a 2 Channel Fiber Optic Module.
With the monitoring option, you get ProfiTrace OE and the PROFIBUS live list, statistics and email/SNMP event notification. In addition, there is one relay on the Head Station that can be used to turn on a light tower or a back-up system, etc. in response to network events such as station lost, syncs,etc. If more relays are needed, just snap in a 4 channel relay module!
Snap in additional Fiber Optic Modules to create other topologies including redundant point-to-point, bus, star and hub!
Manufacturer Part # (MPN)
- Comes complete with a Type 1A or 1C (with monitoring) Head Station, a one 1-channel PROFIBUS DP module (not pictured) and a 2-channel Fiber Optic Module
- Automatically detects the baud rate of the network.
- Unlimited Cascading
- 3 km fiber length (multimode 850nm)
- DIN-rail mount
- 1 year warranty
Documents and Drivers
ComBricks Head Station Type 1C Datasheet
ComBricks 1 Channel Repeater Module Datasheet
ComBricks 2 Channel PROFIBUS Fiber Optic Module Datasheet
ComBricks User Manual
ComBricks DWG Drawing
Fiber: 3 km, DP Module: 1200 m (depends on baud rate)
- 31 devices per channel
- 2 Fiber channels
- 1 DP Network per channel
- Removable screw terminals
- 1 DB9 connector
- uSD card holder for 32 GB (SD and SDHC)
- USB connector for firmware updates
- 4 ST/BFOC connectors
- Modules: 140 x 110 x 25 mm
- PROFIBUS Cable Diameter (screw terminals): <1.5 mm2
Error, Rx data, Termination ON
- Point-to-point, star and bus topologies
- Multimode cable G62.5 / 125 (OM1) - 850 nm
- Compatible with most other vendors in 3rd party compatibility mode
- Fiber redundancy (switchable)
Internal Web Server
Web server with ProfiTrace OE (Optional)
- Status of all modules
- Live List
- Message recording
- Email and log on PROFIBUS events
- System log
PROFIBUS: 4 (set by dip-switches or webserver)
- Fiber Module: 400 mA
- DP Module: 200 mA
Redundant, Operating Voltage - 11..26 VDC, Backplane Current - 2.5 A
- Transparent for all PROFIBUS protocols
- No address required
- FIber Module: 51 TBit delay time per module
- DP Module: 2 bits delay time
- HTTP, FTP, SMTP, TELNET, SNMP, CommDTM
Requires Head Station firmware: V1.264 and later
0°C to +60°C (32°F to +140°F)
- 9.6 kbps up to 12 Mbps (auto detect)
- Ethernet: 10/100 Mbps link speed
Request a Quote
Curious about bulk pricing? Please fill out the information below and our sales team will provide a quote within 1 business day.
Enter up to two product names/SKUs and up to three quantities for each product. If more products/quantity quotes are needed, please include your requests in the message section below.
Please provide information where we can send your quote and reach you in the case where further information is required with the quote.
Please provide information where you'd like the products shipped to so we can give you the most accurate quote possible.
Please help us understand your use case so we can provide you with the best possible solution. This step is optional, so please feel free to skip it if you'd like.
Please confirm your request and we will get back to you within 1 business day.
Thanks for submitting your quote request. You should receive an email with a copy of your request shortly, and a member from our sales team will reply to you within 1 business day.
You Might Be Interested In
We have the best technical support engineers that know how to use our products.
If our Tech Support cannot solve your problem, we will contact the design engineer or manufacturer to help find a resolution.