The ProfiHub B2+R is a robust network component for PROFIBUS DP installations that enables the creation of backbone structures, long spur lines, and wide-ranging RS 485 star, tree, and bus segments. Extremely flexible and object oriented networks can be designed within IP 20 environments using this product. A new additional feature is the integrated micro ProfiTrace diagnostic unit.
Some applications have strict rules regarding spur lines or star segments due to potential communication errors caused by reflections, which can be quite expensive to resolve with repeaters. However, the ProfiHub B2+R can be utilized as a cost-efficient and very reliable redundant repeater solution when redundancy is enabled. The device is an economic solution that can assist in establishing reliable spur lines in high speed DP networks. It is transparent for all PROFIBUS DP protocols.
The ProfiHub B2+R comes with 2 galvanic isolated transparent repeaters (offering 3 segments). Each of the segments can handle a maximum of 31 devices as well as a cable length equivalent to the main bus. Devices can be added or removed easily because the ProfiHub B2+R creates isolated segments. It is also able to refresh messages that are received on one channel and then transfer it the other channels in the network via chicken foot topology.
When bus redundancy is enabled, 2 segments will form a redundant pair that is compatible with the ABB RLM01. The built-in alarm contact is connected to certain events that are based off of the bus redundancy status and the power supply status.
Installation is extremely simple with the product’s integrated termination that can be switched on/off. In addition to this, direct or capacitive grounding can be selected at the user’s discretion. Each ProfiHub is powered by a 12-24 DC Voltage. The ProfiHubs come with LEDs built into the outside of the device in order to indicate the status of each channel, making troubleshooting and maintenance much easier.
- Dynamic spur lines to actuators, flow meters, and pH analyzers
- Removable drives and motors
- Pull/Plug motor control centers (drawers)
- Roof mounted devices in tank farms
- Barrier for non-galvanic isolated equipment
- Networks with requirement for High Availability/uptime
- Large star/tree structured networks
- Create a redundant path to other Hubs or ComBricks
- Hot slave insertion and removal during operation
- Short circuit protection on each channel
- Compact and robust construction
- Status and error display (per channel)
- Suitable for all DP cables
- Conveniently arranged networks
- Easy extendable installations
- On-board DB9 female connector on each channel for maintenance activities