Rope Fuel Sensor
Rope Fuel Sensor
Rope Fuel Sensor
Manufacturer: AKCP Co Ltd.
We've Got You Covered
This sensor is suited to locations that contain fuel storage tanks or fuel transfer stations and is especially ideal for remote locations that use diesel fuel generators. The ropeFuel sensor is a rope-type leak detector that connects to any sensorProbe or securityProbe RJ-45 Intelligent Sensor Ports and facilitates the detection of fuel and other liquids.
The ropeFuel sensor detects the presence of liquid hydrocarbon fuels at any point along its length. The sensor detects the liquid, triggers an alarm, and pinpoints the location of a leak within a meter, or a foot. Typically this sensor can detect:
- Diesel #1
- Jet A\B\5\8
As this sensor is a rope type, it is perfect for lying beneath fuel tanks, usually found being used with diesel generators in remote locations where early warning of fuel leakage or theft is vital to maintaining the power supply, either of a UPS or as the main power source.
- Comes fully assembled and includes the rope portion that is the liquid sensing cable, the non-sensing leader cable (from the rope to the sensing module) and the main sensing module. Also includes a 5 foot CAT5 extension cable.
- Full autosense Sensor module. SecurityProbe and SensorProbe (seen note below) will auto-detect the presence of the ropeFuel sensor.
- LED activates when liquid is detected by the sensor.
- Sensor reports critical status if cable integrity is broken, cut, or unplugged.
- Sensing Rope Cable can be pre-ordered from a 1 meter minimum to any custom run length of up to 5 meters. Non-sensing Cable comes in a standard 10 foot run length and can be extended up to 165 feet (50 meters).
- NOTE: The ropeFuel sensor is only compatible with the securityProbe, securityProbe 5E and newer sensorProbe2 shipped after October 2009. If you have an older sensorProbe2 or sensorProbe8 base unit, please contact us for upgrade details.
Documents and Drivers
AKCP Sensor Selection Summary
2 in. (50 mm) minimum
RJ-45 jack to main sensor module using standard UTP CAT5 cable
Cable Diameter: 0.28 in. (7 mm) nominal
Maximum Extension Cable Length
Capable of detecting the presence of fuel and oil at a specific location within 1 meter, or 1 foot along the length of the sensing rope.
Typical 125 mWatt, 25 mA
Powered by the sensorProbe, or securityProbe. No additional power needed.
Loads greater than 20 lb (9 kg) per linear inch at 20°C (68°F) may immediately trigger an alarm.
Pull Force Limit
Not to exceed 50 lb
-20°C to +60°C (-4°F to 140°F)
Sensor: Patent pending, microprocessor controlled capacitance measurement technology
Request a Quote
Curious about bulk pricing? Please fill out the information below and our sales team will provide a quote within 1 business day.
Enter up to two product names/SKUs and up to three quantities for each product. If more products/quantity quotes are needed, please include your requests in the message section below.
Please provide information where we can send your quote and reach you in the case where further information is required with the quote.
Please provide information where you'd like the products shipped to so we can give you the most accurate quote possible.
Please help us understand your use case so we can provide you with the best possible solution. This step is optional, so please feel free to skip it if you'd like.
Please confirm your request and we will get back to you within 1 business day.
Thanks for submitting your quote request. You should receive an email with a copy of your request shortly, and a member from our sales team will reply to you within 1 business day.
We have the best technical support engineers that know how to use our products.
If our Tech Support cannot solve your problem, we will contact the design engineer or manufacturer to help find a resolution.