CANOpen-enable any RS232/485/422 serial or Modbus device with the UNIGATE CL Gateway. Make any serial device a CANOpen Slave using the UNIGATE CL Gateway. Its low-cost and flexibility are ideal for high volume applications. One side of the gateway is a fieldbus, CANOpen slave, while the other side is a high performance serial port that directly interfaces with your serial device. The serial side of the UNIGATE can either be used in one of many standard configurations (including Modbus RTU master/slave and standard RS232/422/485), or can be customized with its built-in scripting language. Volume and OEM pricing available.
The UNIGATE CL Gateway allows for the quick development of custom applications on the serial side using its powerful scripting language. When developing a custom application, or for simple configuration to a standard protocol, we recommend using a Starter Kit. Starter kits contain all the connection cables and power supplies for configuring and/or scripting. There is even a CANOpen Configuration tool for testing your configuration or script. Scripts are written using the Protocol Developer Tool. If you need a custom protocol and scripting is not for you, Grid Connect offers scripting services at reasonable rates (call for details).
- Complete CANOpen Slave V4.0
- Max. 244 byte input and 244 byte output data
- Script language for optimal adaptation to your field device
- Easy configuration from MS Windows® using the WinGate tool.
- Develop customized scripts with the free Protocol Developer software tool
- Scripts are portable between all other UNIGATE CL or IC Gateways
- Up to 32 connections are possible, when using the RS485
Documents and Drivers
Unigate CL CANopen Gateway Datasheet
Unigate CL CANopen Gateway Manual
- Bus: Up to 1 Mbps
- CANOpen: Up to 1 Mbps
- Serial: Up to 625 kbps
244 Bytes I/O
7 or 8 data bits
- Serial: RS232 - 3 Pole Terminal Block (Tx, Rx, Gnd)
- Serial: RS422/RS485 - 4 Pole Terminal Block (RxA, RxB, TxA, TxB)
- CANOpen: 9 pin D-Sub Socket (9-pin Female DB9)
- Configuration/Programming Port Interface: Terminal Block (Tx, Rx)
Typical 120mA, max. 150mA at 24VDC
1024 Bytes Input and 1024 Bytes Output
110 to 625 kbps Baud
23 x 115 x 100 mm
- Serial: Power, Code, State
- CANOpen: Power, Bus, State
- Isolated CANOpen interface, optional galvanic isolation of the serial RS side
- Serial RS232, RS422 and RS485 interfaces on board
odd, even, none
- Serial: RS232, RS422 or RS485, Modbus, plus Custom Protocols through Scripting
- CANOpen: CANOpen Version 3.0 / 4.0
- Configuration/Programming Port Interface: RS232 (9600 Baud, 8, n, 1)
Reverse Voltage, Short Circuit, Overload, Under voltage
MS Windows®-based WinGate configuration software, and Protocol Developer script development software
1 or 2
Request a Quote
Curious about bulk pricing? Please fill out the information below and our sales team will provide a quote within 1 business day.
Enter up to two product names/SKUs and up to three quantities for each product. If more products/quantity quotes are needed, please include your requests in the message section below.
Please provide information where we can send your quote and reach you in the case where further information is required with the quote.
Please provide information where you'd like the products shipped to so we can give you the most accurate quote possible.
Please help us understand your use case so we can provide you with the best possible solution. This step is optional, so please feel free to skip it if you'd like.
Please confirm your request and we will get back to you within 1 business day.
Thanks for submitting your quote request. You should receive an email with a copy of your request shortly, and a member from our sales team will reply to you within 1 business day.
You Might Be Interested In
We have the best technical support engineers that know how to use our products.
If our Tech Support cannot solve your problem, we will contact the design engineer or manufacturer to help find a resolution.