CL1000 Standalone CAN Data Logger
CL1000 Standalone CAN Data Logger
The plug & play CL1000 is an easy-to-use, low cost CAN bus data logger (and CAN interface) with an 8-32 GB SD card. The logger is 100% standalone (no PC required) and data is easily extracted via USB. Connect the CL1000 to your application and the device automatically starts recording data to the SD card in a simple *.CSV format. This data can then be extracted via USB for post processing.
The CL1000 is ideal for vehicle development and field testing and many other CAN applications such as machinery, robotics and EV batteries.
This device can also double as a powerful reverse engineering tool with live-streaming via USB in SavvyCAN or Wireshark.
SD Card Size
Manufacturer Part # (MPN)
|GC-CSS-CL1000-8GB||8GB SD Card||#15 CL1000 8GB|
|GC-CSS-CL1000-32GB||32GB SD Card||#18 CL1000-32GB|
- PLUG & PLAY: Configure in 2 min. Power via CAN connector. Auto-detect bit-rate
- STANDALONE: Log CAN data to 8-32GB SD card for months - no pc needed
- RTC TIMESTAMP: Date & timestamp your data - vital for post analysis (incl. battery backup)
- LIVE STREAM: Easily stream raw & DBC decoded CAN data in SavvyCAN / Wireshark
- COMPACT: Fits the palm of your hand (6.6 x 4.3 x 2.4 CM) & weighs <50g
Bit rates up to 1 Mbps (manually configured or automatically detected)
CE, FCC, IC, RoHS certified
- Standard D-sub 9 (DB9) connector
- Standard mini USB (B) connector for extracting data & streaming (cable not included)
66.7 x 42.7 x 23.5 mm (2.63 x 1.68 x .93 in)
Robust, small enclosure
Logger status via three externally visible LEDs
The logger's power consumption is approximately 1 W
- Power via CAN connector: Power can be supplied from the DB9 CAN connector (log/stream) or via USB (data extraction)
- Via CAN connector (DB9): Power supplied by the CAN bus (+7.0V to +32V DC) using pin 9 (supply) and 3 (ground)
- Reverse voltage protection on CAN-bus supply
- Transient voltage pulse protection on CAN-bus supply
Protocol independent (i.e. able to log CAN, J1939, CANopen, OBD2, ...)
Compliant with physical layer standard ISO 11898-2
-20°C to +65°C (-4°F to +149°F)
Request a Quote
Curious about bulk pricing? Please fill out the information below and our sales team will provide a quote within 1 business day.
Enter up to two product names/SKUs and up to three quantities for each product. If more products/quantity quotes are needed, please include your requests in the message section below.
Please provide information where we can send your quote and reach you in the case where further information is required with the quote.
Please provide information where you'd like the products shipped to so we can give you the most accurate quote possible.
Please help us understand your use case so we can provide you with the best possible solution. This step is optional, so please feel free to skip it if you'd like.
Please confirm your request and we will get back to you within 1 business day.
Thanks for submitting your quote request. You should receive an email with a copy of your request shortly, and a member from our sales team will reply to you within 1 business day.
We have the best technical support engineers that know how to use our products.
If our Tech Support cannot solve your problem, we will contact the design engineer or manufacturer to help find a resolution.