CANedge1 - CAN BUS Data Logger
CANedge1 - CAN BUS Data Logger
The CANedge1 is a CAN bus logger with 2 parallel CAN/LIN channels including CAN FD. After being configured, this CAN logger will start extracting raw data directly to an industrial 8 GB SD card upon connection to an active CAN bus. This data is stored in the MDF4 standard so it can be converted to other popular formats with free open source software.
With records timestamped, the CANedge1 is optimal for long term monitoring in areas such as:
- vehicle development
Manufacturer Part # (MPN)
|GC-CSS-CANEDGE1-8GB||8GB SD Card||#97 CANEDGE1-8GB|
|GC-CSS-CANEDGE1-32GB||32GB SD Card||#99 CANEDGE1-32GB|
- Extractable 8 GB industrial SD card
- Dual high sped CAN/CAN FD/LIN channels
- Data encryption and compression
- Binary MDF4 log file format
- Advanced message filtering & transmit functionality
- Start/stop logging triggers based on CAN ID & databytes
- Silent mode, bit rate auto-detection, cyclic logging
- Fast boot time. Safely disconnect during use
Documents and Drivers
- CE, FCC, IC and RoHS certified (see the manual)
- Tested for voltage transients (emissions/immunity), ISO 7637-2:2011, by TÜV SÜD (see the manual)
2 x Standard D-sub 9 (DB9)
52.5 x 81.4 x 24.5 mm
Aluminum - IP 40
Log files can be encrypted at rest on the SD card for security/GDPR/CCPA purposes
Supports free firmware updates for adding features
Logger status via 4 external LEDs: Power, CH1, CH2, Memory
SD card: 8 GB extractable Class 10 industrial micro SD (SDHC)
Log raw data from CAN based protocols (J1939, FMS, CANopen, NMEA 2000, OBD2, ...)
- Free open source editor tool for device configuration (offline/online version available)
- Free open source asammdf software & API for editing, DBC converting & plotting MDF4 data
- Free open source C++ MDF4 converters - drag & drop log files to convert into e.g. CSV, ASC, PCAP
- CAN bus: ISO 11898: Compliant with CAN (up to 1 Mbit/s) and ISO & Bosch CAN FD (up to 5 Mbit/s)
- LIN bus: Compliant with LIN 2.0 up to 20 Kbit/s ("enhanced" checksum format)
-25̊ C to +70̊ C (-13° F to 158° F)
Request a Quote
Curious about bulk pricing? Please fill out the information below and our sales team will provide a quote within 1 business day.
Enter up to two product names/SKUs and up to three quantities for each product. If more products/quantity quotes are needed, please include your requests in the message section below.
Please provide information where we can send your quote and reach you in the case where further information is required with the quote.
Please provide information where you'd like the products shipped to so we can give you the most accurate quote possible.
Please help us understand your use case so we can provide you with the best possible solution. This step is optional, so please feel free to skip it if you'd like.
Please confirm your request and we will get back to you within 1 business day.
Thanks for submitting your quote request. You should receive an email with a copy of your request shortly, and a member from our sales team will reply to you within 1 business day.
You Might Be Interested In
We have the best technical support engineers that know how to use our products.
If our Tech Support cannot solve your problem, we will contact the design engineer or manufacturer to help find a resolution.