IPEH-004005 - MU-Thermocouple1 CAN FD
IPEH-004005 - MU-Thermocouple1 CAN FD
IPEH-004005 - MU-Thermocouple1 CAN FD: T: -200 to +400 °C (-328 to 752 °F)
Manufacturer: Peak System Technik
We've Got You Covered
With the MU-Thermocouple1 CAN FD, measurement data of thermocouples is captured, preprocessed, and transmitted via CAN FD. The temperature is measured via 8 connectors, which are specified for the temperature measuring ranges J, K or T, depending on the product version. Temperatures can be captured in Celsius, Fahrenheit, or Kelvin and processed with an individual scale and offset. The measurement data is then transmitted via CAN FD or classic CAN.
Data processing, message transmission, and LED display are set up with the free Windows software Thermocouple FD Configuration. The configuration created on the computer is transferred via the CAN bus to the MU-Thermocouple1 CAN FD which then runs as an independent CAN node. Multiple devices can be configured independently on a CAN bus.
The configuration requires a PEAK CAN interface.
Manufacturer Part # (MPN)
|GC-CAN-MU-THERMOCOUPLE-J-FD||-210°C to +1121°C (-346°F to 2050°F)||IPEH-004005-J|
|GC-CAN-MU-THERMOCOUPLE-K-FD||-200°C to +1370°C (-328°F to 2498°F)||IPEH-004005-K|
|GC-CAN-MU-THERMOCOUPLE-T-FD||-200°C to +400°C (-328°F to 752°F)||IPEH-004005-T|
- 8 Mini sockets for thermocouple types J, K, or T
- 4 galvanically isolated measuring modules, each with 2 thermocouple sockets of the same type
- Measurement accuracy: 0.2 % or 1 K
- Accuracy of the reference temperature sensors at +25 °C ambient temperature: typically ±0.5 K, maximum ±1.0 K
- Maximum resolution of temperature data: 1/16 °C
- High-speed CAN connection (ISO 11898-2) for data transfer and configuring
- Complies with CAN specifications 2.0 A/B and FD
- CAN FD bit rates for the data field (64 bytes max.) from 25 kbit/s up to 10 Mbit/s
- CAN bit rates from 25 kbit/s up to 1 Mbit/s
- NXP TJA1044GT CAN transceiver
- Galvanic isolation up to 500 V
- LEDs for measurement channels and power supply
- Configuration with the Windows® software Thermocouple FD Configuration
Documents and Drivers
MU-Thermocouple1 CAN FD User Manual
Thermocouple FD Configuration
Audio Sample Rate
D-Sub (m), 9 pins
Integrated in LPC54618
LPC54618 (based on Arm® Cortex® M4)
130.5 x 59.5 x 73 mm (W x H x D)
Firmware upload: via CAN with PEAK-Flash (PCAN interface required)
- Supported Clock frequencies: 80 MHz, 40 MHz, 20 MHz
- Clock frequency: 160 MHz
15 … 90 %, not condensing, relative
Thermocouple Inputs: 8 x Mini sockets (DIN EN 50212)
- Inputs: 1A/1B, 2A/2B, 3A/3B, 4A/4B are galvanically decoupled from each other with 500 V;
- Inputs 1A/1B, 2A/2B, 3A/3B, 4A/4B are galvanically decoupled from the supply with 500 V
Of the measurement unit: 0.2 % or 1 K
Of the reference temperature sensors:
- Typically: 0.5 K
- Maximum values: ±1 K at 0 … 70 °C (32 … 158 °F)
- ±2 K at -20 … 85 °C (-4 … 185 °F)
- ±3 K at -40 … 125 °C (-40 … 257 °F)
Max. resolution for CAN data: 1/16 °C
200 kByte on-chip SRAM
IPEH-004005-J, IPEH-004005-K, IPEH-004005-T
Phoenix mating connector1, 2-pole, pitch 3.81 mm
Idle: 75 mA at 12 V
- 110 mA at 8 V
- 75 mA at 12 V
- 35 mA at 30 V
Protocols on OSI layer 2: CAN FD ISO 11898-1:2015, CAN FD non-ISO, CAN 2.0 A/B
- ±36 V (static) overvoltage protection
- -36 V reverse polarity protection
- ±4 kV ESD protection
Reference temperature sensors: 4 (1 per measuring module)
- J = -210 … +1121 °C (-346 … +2050 °F)
- K = -200 … +1370 °C (-328 … +2498 °F)
- T = -200 … +400 °C (-328 … +752 °F)
Internal: Switchable, not activated on delivery
Physical: ISO 11898-2 (High-speed CAN)
- Operating: 8 -30 V DC
- Maximum at pins CAN_H/CAN_L: ± 42 V
Request a Quote
Curious about bulk pricing? Please fill out the information below and our sales team will provide a quote within 1 business day.
Enter up to two product names/SKUs and up to three quantities for each product. If more products/quantity quotes are needed, please include your requests in the message section below.
Please provide information where we can send your quote and reach you in the case where further information is required with the quote.
Please provide information where you'd like the products shipped to so we can give you the most accurate quote possible.
Please help us understand your use case so we can provide you with the best possible solution. This step is optional, so please feel free to skip it if you'd like.
Please confirm your request and we will get back to you within 1 business day.
Thanks for submitting your quote request. You should receive an email with a copy of your request shortly, and a member from our sales team will reply to you within 1 business day.
We have the best technical support engineers that know how to use our products.
If our Tech Support cannot solve your problem, we will contact the design engineer or manufacturer to help find a resolution.