IP Network Intercom Models
Desktop Ethernet Intercom - White
Desktop Ethernet Intercom - Black
IP Network Intercom Models
IP Network Intercom Models: POE Only - White
Manufacturer: Digital Acoustics
Stock Status: In stock
We've Got You Covered
The Network Intercom is designed for network audio communication over Ethernet or the Internet. It can be used as a desktop intercom or surface mounted on any flat surface or wall using the included wall plate. Using existing LAN wiring, these IP intercoms are easy to install and have dozens of applications including
- guard desks,
- remote stations, and
- reception/entrance locations.
The Digital Intercom technology offers many advantages over analog systems. A scalable design allows for intercom installations from one intercom to hundreds of endpoints such as intercoms, paging units or call station models.
Types of IP Intercom Systems: Paired and Console Based
Paired Intercom Systems (Most Popular)
Two endpoints can be configured as paired point-to-point units. These 2 intercoms can talk to each other from anywhere in the world over the Internet. They are configured using the included free TalkMaster™ FOCUS Software running on a PC, and once set-up, the PC is removed, and the two endpoints will forever talk to each other exclusively.
You can have an unlimited number of paired intercoms on the same network - they will not interfere with each other.
You can change the configuration later by running TalkMaster FOCUS again.
Console Based Systems
A console based system has one or more PC Consoles communicating with any number of endpoints. Different software is needed to run a single-console system versus a multi-console system.
Single-console systems can be implemented using TalkMaster FOCUS Software that comes free with the purchase of any intercom. A single-console systems utilizes a PC running this free software to communicate with IP Intercom Endpoints. This is a "virtual" star configuration, where all endpoints report to the console.
The console can communicate with any endpoint using the PC's speaker and microphone. Using the GUI (Graphical User Interface), the console operator can initiate or receive calls to/from endpoints.
The operator is notified of waiting calls, and customized "please wait" messages can be created for calls waiting in queue. The console operator may also select groups of intercoms to broadcast a message or for paging.
TalkMaster FOCUS software can be loaded on any number of PC's, so the Console can move from one PC to another. In addition, a "live-standby" can be configured, so that console control can be passed back and forth between two PC's with ease.
Multi-console systems require
- purchase and installation of TalkMaster™ FOCUS Enterprise edition software to allow for multiple, simultaneously active consoles, and
- a server to host the Talkmaster FOCUS Operator Application.
This system features real-time call handling using rules-based queue management. Intercom queues are groups of intercoms that may be assigned to human console operators acting in management teams.
To assure service quality, the software incorporates a powerful set of rules-based controls to handle incoming call counts, waiting time in queue and call priorities. By applying these rules, the administrator is able to establish call response hierarchies for virtually any organizational requirement.
Typical Intercom Model Applications:
- Paired point-to-point with another intercom model
- Paired with an external call station unit with relay (GC-IPIC-IP7-FX) to provide access control for a door or gate.
- Paired with a paging unit (GC-IPIC-IP7-FX) for simple paging configuration
- Used as an end-station with a PC Master Console running TalkMaster FOCUS Software (point-to-multipoint). The PC Master Console can control and communicate with a single end-station intercom, to hundreds of intercoms in a larger installation.
Manufacturer Part # (MPN)
|GC-IPIC-EDW-POE-110||POE & 110V||White||IP7-EDW-POE-110|
|GC-IPIC-EDW-POE-220||POE & 220V||White||IP7-EDW-220|
|GC-IPIC-EDB-POE-110||POE & 110V||Black||IP7-EDB-PoE, 110 PS|
|GC-IPIC-EDB-POE-220||POE & 220V||Black||IP7-EDB-PoE, 220 PS|
- Local or Worldwide Ethernet or Internet Connection
- Supports either Full Duplex or Half Duplex communications
- Power-over-Ethernet (PoE)
- Simple configuration using PC software
- Simple installation using 10/100M Ethernet
- High-definition audio with simple Push-to-Talk button / speaker interface
- Volume Up, Volume Down, and Monitor/Open buttons
- 3.5mm Microphone and Speaker Jacks for External Interface
- Includes free Talkmaster FOCUS Software
- Direct mode functionality supports remote contact closure
Documents and Drivers
|IP Network Intercoms - Desktop & Surface Mount Datasheet||View (PDF)|
|Direct Mode Configuration Application Note||View (PDF)|
|IP7 Products for Half or Full Duplix Applications||View (PDF)|
Nominal 1V p/p
PCM-8 bit and uLAW-16 bit
5.3 x 4.0 x 1.35 in (98 x 91 x 35 mm)
Advanced Fail-Forward™ fault detection
Network: 10/100 Base-T Ethernet, Auto-MDIX
IP ADDRESS ASSIGNMENT
Static or Automatic via DHCP
On-board Electret with software controlled AG
7.5 - 9VDC @ 5W
- Network: TCP, UDP, RTP, SIP, ICMP, IGMP Multicast/li>
- Audio: 8-bit PCM/G.711 uLaw
TalkMaster FOCUS Software - Free version
- Operating: -30°C to 70°C (-22°F to 158°F)
- Storage: -40°C to 85°C (-40°F to 185°F)
Nominal 64K bps
We have the best technical support engineers that know how to use our products.
If our Tech Support cannot solve your problem, we will contact the design engineer or manufacturer to help find a resolution.