Locate Water Sensor
We've Got You Covered
The locateWater sensor is a rope type water sensor designed for specific location water detection. It has an on/off switch type detection that will indicate the presence of water if a specific location on the rope becomes wet. When connected to a compatible sensorProbe or securityProbe’s RJ-45 Intelligent Sensor ports, the sensor will detect the specific location of water ingress. A sensor error will be reported if the cable becomes unplugged, broken or cut.
This sensor is ideal when monitoring for water leaks
- under raised floors,
- in false ceiling areas, or
- in basements.
This sensor comes fully assembled and includes the rope portion that is the water sensing cable, the non-sensing area cable (from the rope to the sensing module) and the main sensing module. The non-sensing cable comes in a 20 foot length. The sensing cable comes standard at 10 feet in length. It can be custom made from 20 foot to 160 feet in increments of 10 feet.
The specific location of water along the rope can be used to trigger alerts like e-mail, SMS, phone calls and SNMP traps. The sensor has its own SNMP OID so that it can be monitored over the network using any Network Management System.
Each locateWater sensor comes complete with a 5 foot CAT5 cable that connects the main sensing module to the SensorProbe's or SecurityProbe's RJ-45 sensor ports, Any CAT5/6 LAN cable up to 100 feet (30 meters) in length can be used with this water sensor.
The locateWater Sensor can be used only with the following controllers.
- securityProbe 5E
- securityProbe 5ES
- sensorProbe2 shipped after October 2009
- sensorProbe8-X20/X60 shipped after July1 2011
- Comes fully assembled and includes the rope portion that is the water sensing cable, the non-sensing area cable (from the rope to the sensing module) and the main sensing module.
- Non-Sensing portion of the cable comes standard at 20 feet.
- Sensing rope comes in standard 10 feet length.
- Sensing rope length can be customized to any run in multiples of 10 feet up to 160 feet.
- Full autosense - the locateWater sensor is automatically detected by the sensorProbe or securityProbe
- Sensor module will report a critical state if the cable breaks, is cut, or unplugged.
Documents and Drivers
locateWater Sensor Datasheet
AKCP Sensor Selection Summary
RJ-45 jack to main sensor module using UTP CAT5 cable. Maximum extension cable length is 30 meters or 100 feet
Able to detect the presence of water at a specific location
Wet or Dry ( -20°C to +60°C).
Typical 125 mWatt, 25 mA
Powered by the sensorProbe, or securityProbe. No additional power needed
Patent pending, microprocessor controlled, capacitance measurement technology
You Might Be Interested In
securityProbe 5ESV Advanced Monitoring System
SPX8 - sensorProbeX+ (SPX+) Standard Configuration
We have the best technical support engineers that know how to use our products.
If our Tech Support cannot solve your problem, we will contact the design engineer or manufacturer to help find a resolution.