CANedge2 with GNSS/IMU
CANedge2 with GNSS/IMU
The CANedge2 with GNSS/IMU 2x CAN/LIN logger records timestamped CAN/CAN FD data to an extractable 8 GB or 32 GB industrial SD card. This compact device connects via WiFi access points to securely push data to your own server, and it supports over-the-air updates.
With GNSS/IMU, additional data is provide, e.g., such as position, speed, altitude, and acceleration.
Ideal for telematics, R&D field tests, diagnostics and predictive maintenance.
Pro specs CAN logger
The CANedge2 combines innovative design, cutting-edge components and is low cost:
- 2 x CAN (incl. CAN FD) + 2 x LIN channels
- Extractable 8-32 GB industrial SD card (= months of data)
- Popular binary MDF4 log file format
- Advanced message filtering & transmit functionality
- Start/stop logging triggers based on CAN ID & databytes
- Silent mode, bit rate auto-detection, cyclic logging
- Data compression & encryption (e.g. for GDPR, CCPA)
- Support for CAN/LIN error frame logging
- Fast boot time. Safely disconnect during use (power safe)
Software/APIs are free & open source with no subscription fees or vendor lock-in.
- Upload data to your own local/dedicated/cloud server
- Simply add WiFi access point & server details to the config
- Log data to the SD and auto-upload when connected to WiFi
- Configure file split size/period to control upload frequency
- 100% secure: HTTPS, credential encryption and more
- Manage via over-the-air updates (firmware & configuration)
- Power e.g. sensor-to-CAN modules via the 2nd port
- Zero fees. Zero lock-in. Interoperable. Open source tools
GPS & 3D IMU can enrich your data with cutting-edge GNSS/IMU functionality
- Add 40+ GNSS/IMU signals to your 2 x CAN/LIN data
- Full GNSS support (GPS, Galileo, BeiDou, GLONASS)
- Built-in gyroscope (roll, pitch, yaw) and accelerometer (X, Y, Z)
- High precision via sensor fusion - even in GNSS hostile areas
- Signals encoded as 'internal' CAN frames (separate channel)
- Configurable message inclusion/frequency (up to 5 Hz)
- DBC file included for easy decoding to human-readable form
- Optionally sync the CANedge RTC via precise GNSS time
- Flexible deployment via external GNSS antenna
Open source software/API
The CANedge2 uses open formats (MDF4 data, JSON config, S3 server). All software/APIs are 100% free and open source.
The software toolbox includes:
- Editors: Easily modify your device config (online/offline)
- CANcloud: Manage connected CANedge2 devices & data
- S3 drive: Mount your S3 server as a 'local drive'
- Converters: Convert data to Vector ASC, PEAK TRC, CSV, ...
- asammdf GUI: DBC decode, plot and export your data
- Python API: Automate your data processing & integrations
- Dashboards: Visualize data in custom browser dashboards
Manufacturer Part # (MPN)
|GC-CSS-CANEDGE2-8GB-GNSS/IMU||8 GB SD Card
||#178 CANedge2 8GB + GNSS/IMU|
|GC-CSS-CANEDGE2-32GB-GNSS/IMU||32 GB SD Card||#180 CANedge2 32GB + GNSS/IMU|
- SIMPLE SETUP: Log data out-the-box. Standalone - no PC required. Power via CAN connector
- PRO SPECS: Extractable 8-32 GB SD. 2xCAN/LIN. CAN FD. Zero data loss. 50 µs RTC. Error frames. MF4
- COMPACT: Only 8 x 5 x 2 CM. 100G. Aluminium enclosure. 4 LEDs. Configurable 5V power out (CH2)
- CONFIGURABLE: Advanced filters. Transmit lists. Triggers. Cyclic logging. Silent mode. Encryption
- GNSS + 3D IMU: Built-in GNSS/IMU. 3X accuracy via sensor fusion. Position, speed, acceleration & more
- INTEROPERABLE: Free & open source software/API. MF4 to ASC/CSV. DBC support. Python. Dashboards
Documents and Drivers
CANedge2 with GNSS/IMU Product Manual
CANedge2 with GNSS/IMU Datasheet
- Position: 2.0 m CEP (Circular Error Probable)
- Heading: 0.3 deg | Pitch: 0.4 deg | Roll: 0.6 deg (68% at 30 m/s)
- Velocity: 0.08 m/s
CE, FCC, IC, KC and RoHS
- 2 x CAN channels (incl. CAN FD support)
- 2 x LIN channels
2 x Standard D-sub 9 (DB9) connectors
Compact aluminum enclosure: 75 x 47 x 20 mm (2.95 x 1.85 x .79 in)
Logger status via 4 external LEDs: Power, CH1, CH2, Memory
Supply: +7V to +32V DC via the Channel 1 DB9 (e.g. via CAN connector power pin)
Professional-grade u-blox NEO-M9V sensor module (92-channel) with built-in gyroscope and accelerometer
Extremely low (~1 W) - no risk of battery drainage
Log raw data from CAN based protocols (J1939/FMS, CANopen, NMEA 2000, OBD2, CAN FD, UDS, ...)
Real Time Clock
CAN frames are date & timestamped with 50 microsecond resolution (battery backup)
- ISO 11898: Compliant with CAN (up to 1 Mbit/s) and ISO & Bosch CAN FD (up to 4 Mbit/s payload rate)
- Compliant with LIN 2.0 up to 20 Kbit/s (support for Classic & Enhanced checksum format)
-25°C to +70°C (-13°F to +158°F)
Request a Quote
Curious about bulk pricing? Please fill out the information below and our sales team will provide a quote within 1 business day.
Enter up to two product names/SKUs and up to three quantities for each product. If more products/quantity quotes are needed, please include your requests in the message section below.
Please provide information where we can send your quote and reach you in the case where further information is required with the quote.
Please provide information where you'd like the products shipped to so we can give you the most accurate quote possible.
Please help us understand your use case so we can provide you with the best possible solution. This step is optional, so please feel free to skip it if you'd like.
Please confirm your request and we will get back to you within 1 business day.
Thanks for submitting your quote request. You should receive an email with a copy of your request shortly, and a member from our sales team will reply to you within 1 business day.
You Might Be Interested In
We have the best technical support engineers that know how to use our products.
If our Tech Support cannot solve your problem, we will contact the design engineer or manufacturer to help find a resolution.