CANedge3 2xCAN/LIN Data Logger with 4G Cellular and GNSS/IMU
CANedge3 2xCAN/LIN Data Logger with 4G Cellular and GNSS/IMU
CANedge3 2xCAN/LIN Data Logger with 4G Cellular and GNSS/IMU: 8 GB SD Card
MPN: #186 CANedge3 8GB + GNSS/IMU
Manufacturer: CSS Electronics
We've Got You Covered
The quick to setup CANedge3 logger records timestamped CAN data (CAN/CAN FD) to an extractable 8 GB or 32 GB industrial SD card. Data is pushed securely via 3G/4G to your own server with OTA update support. With GNSS/IMU data such as position, speed, altitude, and acceleration are included.
Ideal for telematics, R&D field tests, diagnostics and predictive maintenance.
Combine innovative design with cutting-edge components.
- 2 x CAN (incl. CAN FD) + 2 x LIN channels
- Months of data wit extractable 8 or 32 GB industrial SD card
- Popular binary MDF4 log file format
- Advanced message filtering & transmit functionality
- Start/stop logging triggers based on CAN ID & databytes
- Silent mode, bit rate auto-detection, cyclic logging
- Data compression & encryption (e.g. for GDPR, CCPA)
- Support for CAN/LIN error frame logging
- Fast boot time. Safely disconnect during use (power safe)
The CANedge3 provides a modern alternative with Software/APIs 100% free & open source with no subscription fees or vendor lock-in.
- Log data to the SD and auto-upload via global 3G/4G
- Use your own server (self-hosted or cloud)
- Use your own SIM (or 90% discounted Super SIM)
- Simply add your SIM/server details to the config
- Configure file split size/period to control upload frequency
- 100% secure: HTTPS, credential encryption and more
- Manage via over-the-air updates (firmware & configuration)
- Power e.g. sensor-to-CAN modules via the 2nd port
- Zero fees. Zero lock-in. Interoperable. Open source tools
Enrich you data with cutting-edge GNSS/IMU functionality
- Perfect for use cases like vehicle telematics
- Add 40+ GNSS/IMU signals to your 2 x CAN/LIN data
- Full GNSS support (GPS, Galileo, BeiDou, GLONASS)
- Built-in gyroscope (roll, pitch, yaw) and accelerometer (X, Y, Z)
- High precision via sensor fusion - even in GNSS hostile areas
- Signals encoded as 'internal' CAN frames (separate channel)
- Configurable message inclusion/frequency (up to 5 Hz)
- DBC file included for easy decoding to human-readable form
- Optionally sync the CANedge RTC via precise GNSS time
- Flexible deployment via external GNSS or LTE/GNSS antenna
The software toolbox includes:
- Editors: Easily modify your device config (online/offline)
- CANcloud: Manage connected CANedge3 devices & data
- S3 drive: Mount your S3 server as a 'local drive'
- Converters: Convert data to Vector ASC, PEAK TRC, CSV, ...
- asammdf GUI: DBC decode, plot and export your data
- Python API: Automate your data processing & integrations
- Dashboards: Visualize data in custom browser dashboards
Manufacturer Part # (MPN)
|GC-CSS-CANEDGE3-8GB-GNSS/IMU||8 GB SD Card
||#186 CANedge3 8GB + GNSS/IMU|
|GC-CSS-CANEDGE3-32GB-GNSS/IMU||32 GB SD Card||#188 CANedge3 32GB + GNSS/IMU|
- EASY SETUP: Log data out-the-box. Standalone - no PC required. Power via CAN connector
- PRO SPECS: Extractable 8-32 GB SD. 2xCAN/LIN. CAN FD. Zero data loss. 50 µs RTC. Error frames. MF4
- COMPACT: Only 8 x 5 x 2 CM. 100G. Aluminium enclosure. 4 LEDs. Configurable 5V power out (CH2)
- CONFIGURABLE: Advanced filters. Transmit lists. Triggers. Cyclic logging. Silent mode. Encryption
- GNSS + 3D IMU: Built-in GNSS/IMU. 3X accuracy via sensor fusion. Position, speed, acceleration & more
- INTEROPERABLE: Free & open source software/API. MF4 to ASC/CSV. DBC support. Python. Dashboards
Documents and Drivers
CANedge3 2xCAN/LIN with 4G Cellular and GNSS/IMU Product Manual
- Position: 2.0 m CEP (Circular Error Probable)
- Heading: 0.3 deg | Pitch: 0.4 deg | Roll: 0.6 deg (68% at 30 m/s)
- Velocity: 0.08 m/s
3G/4G LTE antenna and GPS antenna included
LARA R6001D: PTCRB, GCF, FCC/ISED, RED, NCC, RCM, Giteki, AT&T
- 2 x CAN channels (incl. CAN FD support)
- 2 x LIN channels
2 x Standard D-sub 9 (DB9) connectors
Compact aluminum enclosure: 75 x 47 x 20 mm (2.95 x 1.85 x .79 in)
Logger status via 6 external LEDs: Power, CH1, CH2, Memory, LTE, GNSS
+7V to +32V DC via the Channel 1 DB9 (e.g. from the vehicle/machine power supply)
Professional-grade u-blox NEO-M9V sensor module (92-channel) with built-in gyroscope and accelerometer
Very low (~1 W in normal operation, ~2.5 W during 3G/4G transfer) - no risk of battery drainage
Log raw data from CAN based protocols (J1939/FMS, CANopen, NMEA 2000, OBD2, CAN FD, UDS, ...)
Real Time Clock
- CAN frames are date & timestamped with 50 microsecond resolution (battery backup)
- The RTC can be configured to match local time zones (default: UTC)
- The RTC can be auto-synced via 3G/4G LTE or a CAN message (e.g. from the internal GNSS timestamp)
- ISO 11898: Compliant with CAN (up to 1 Mbit/s) and ISO & Bosch CAN FD (up to 4 Mbit/s payload rate)
- Compliant with LIN 2.0 up to 20 Kbit/s (support for Classic & Enhanced checksum format)
-25°C to +70°C (-13°F to +158°F)
Request a Quote
Curious about bulk pricing? Please fill out the information below and our sales team will provide a quote within 1 business day.
Enter up to two product names/SKUs and up to three quantities for each product. If more products/quantity quotes are needed, please include your requests in the message section below.
Please provide information where we can send your quote and reach you in the case where further information is required with the quote.
Please provide information where you'd like the products shipped to so we can give you the most accurate quote possible.
Please help us understand your use case so we can provide you with the best possible solution. This step is optional, so please feel free to skip it if you'd like.
Please confirm your request and we will get back to you within 1 business day.
Thanks for submitting your quote request. You should receive an email with a copy of your request shortly, and a member from our sales team will reply to you within 1 business day.
You Might Be Interested In
We have the best technical support engineers that know how to use our products.
If our Tech Support cannot solve your problem, we will contact the design engineer or manufacturer to help find a resolution.