The workshop is designed for those who install and maintain PROFINET installations. For many factory and automation personnel, PROFINET introduces new IT concepts and terminology which work counter to their experiences with other non-Ethernet based fieldbuses.
With a mixture of theory and practical hands-on exercises, students will learn and practice the skills needed for PROFINET installations.
- Understand PROFINET and Industrial Ethernet concepts, network components, cabling, and grounding and shielding.
- Find and isolate problems fast.
- Maintain, strategically isolate, analyze and solve complex problems.
- Use the latest troubleshooting tools including Mercury, Wireshark, and Netilities.
TRAINING ENVIRONMENT AND TOPICS COVERED
The classroom network gives students a safe environment to experiment and learn with different types of situations. By introducing problems and practicing PROFINET troubleshooting in a live installation the participants are given ample opportunities to see these problems first hand. By means of practical exercises on real networks, the participants will put theory into practice.
- Overview of PROFINET
- Basic Principals of Industrial Ethernet TCP/IP
- Cabling techniques
- Grounding and shielding
- Network Components (switch router, proxy)
- PROFINET protocol
- Troubleshooting strategy
- Assembling cables
- Measuring a cable using a cable tester
- Configure and Commission a PROFINET network
- Diagnose a network using a switch webserver
- Protocol analysis with Wireshark
- Network management with Netilities
Class Day Information:
- Attendees will receive: a course book, writing materials and a certificate of participation.
- It is recommended to bring a laptop with 2 USB ports.
- Continental breakfast, lunch, and refreshments are included.
- Class size is limited to 12 people.
Attendees will be offered special pricing for PROCENTEC products, such as:
Online Ordering Information:
- On the Cart page, list the attendees' names, email addresses and cell phone numbers. Cell phone numbers will only be used to contact the attendees in an emergency situation.
- Your credit card will be charged for the course amount 1-2 days after you complete your online order. You will receive an email confirmation and credit card receipt.
- No Cancellations will be accepted