CANedge2 - Wi-Fi CAN BUS Data Logger
CANedge2 - Wi-Fi CAN BUS Data Logger
CANedge2 - Wi-Fi CAN BUS Data Logger: 32GB SD Card
MPN: #91 CANEDGE2-32GB
Manufacturer: CSS Electronics
Stock Status: In stock
We've Got You Covered
CANedge2 is a data logger with 2 CAN/LIN channels, Wi-Fi capabilities and an extractable industrial SD card. Data with timestamps can be logged directly to the SD card or can be auto-pushed to a local or remote server.
This compact device connects securely to local or remote servers via Wi-Fi access points such as WLAN, 3G or 4G. Firmware and configuration updates can be done over-the-air.
With software based on open standards, there are no proprietary tools required and no subscription fees.
The CANedge2 is perfect for the areas of :
- Fleet management
- R & D field tests
- Diagnostics & maintenance
Manufacturer Part # (MPN)
|GC-CSS-CANEDGE2-8GB||8GB SD Card||#83 CANEDGE2-8GB|
|GC-CSS-CANEDGE2-32GB||32GB SD Card||#91 CANEDGE2-32GB|
Intro to CANedge
- Extractable 8GB or 32GB industrial SD card
- Dual high sped CAN/CAN FD/LIN channels
- Data encryption and compression
- Upload data to your own local/dedicated/cloud server
- Auto-upload log data from SD when connected to Wi-Fi
- Manage via over-the-air updates
- Zero fees. Zero lock-in. Interoperable. Open source tools
- Fast boot time. Safely disconnect during use
Documents and Drivers
External (SMA, 2400 Mhz, <2 dBi gain)
- CE, FCC, IC and RoHS certified (see the manual)
- Tested for voltage transients (emissions/immunity), ISO 7637-2:2011, by TÜV SÜD (see the manual)
2 x Standard D-sub 9 (DB9)
52.5 x 81.4 x 24.5 mm
Aluminum - IP 40
- Supports WPA/WPA2
- WiFi access point & server credentials can be encrypted in the config on the device SD card
- Updates are digitally signed to verify that they are from a trusted source
- Configuration/updates can be done OTA (Over-the-air)
Logger status via 4 external LEDs: Power, CH1, CH2, Memory
- SD card: 8GB or 32GB extractable Class 10 industrial micro SD (SDHC)
- Server: Popular S3 REST interface - MinIO (open source), AWS, Google Cloud, …
Extremely low (~1 W) - no risk of battery drainage
- CAN bus: Log raw data from CAN based protocols (J1939, FMS, CANopen, NMEA 2000, OBD2, ...)
- Wi-Fi: HTTP/HTTPS: Stable and secure transfers - ideal for big data telematics
- Reverse voltage protection on CAN-bus supply
- Transient voltage event protection on supply lines
- Free open source editor tool for device configuration (offline/online version available)
- Free open source asammdf software & API for editing, DBC converting & plotting MDF4 data
- Free open source C++ MDF4 converters - drag & drop log files to convert into e.g. CSV, ASC, PCAP
- CAN bus: ISO 11898: Compliant with CAN (up to 1 Mbit/s) and ISO & Bosch CAN FD (up to 5 Mbit/s)
- LIN bus: Compliant with LIN 2.0 up to 20 Kbit/s ("enhanced" checksum format)
- LAN: IEEE 802.11 b / g / n
-25̊ C to +70̊ C (-13° F to 158° F)
Request a Quote
Curious about bulk pricing? Please fill out the information below and our sales team will provide a quote within 1 business day.
Enter up to two product names/SKUs and up to three quantities for each product. If more products/quantity quotes are needed, please include your requests in the message section below.
Please provide information where we can send your quote and reach you in the case where further information is required with the quote.
Please provide information where you'd like the products shipped to so we can give you the most accurate quote possible.
Please help us understand your use case so we can provide you with the best possible solution. This step is optional, so please feel free to skip it if you'd like.
Please confirm your request and we will get back to you within 1 business day.
Thanks for submitting your quote request. You should receive an email with a copy of your request shortly, and a member from our sales team will reply to you within 1 business day.
You Might Be Interested In
We have the best technical support engineers that know how to use our products.
If our Tech Support cannot solve your problem, we will contact the design engineer or manufacturer to help find a resolution.