ProfiTrace 2 - PROFIBUS Analyzer
ProfiTrace 2 - Profibus Analyzer
ProfiTrace 2 - Profibus Analyzer Side
ProfiTrace 2 - PROFIBUS Analyzer
ProfiTrace 2 - PROFIBUS Analyzer: No additional software
Stock Status: In stock
We've Got You Covered
ProfiTrace 2 is the most powerful analyzer for PROFIBUS fieldbus networks available. The ProfiTrace 2 PC software with the ProfiCore Ultra PROFIBUS interface module combine to create the best solution for:
- Installation & Commissioning: Use the ProfiCaptain feature to test slave devices and look for cabling problems (grounding, shielding, termination) before the PLC/DCS/Master programming is complete. ProfiCaptain can also be used to test various PROFIBUS bus speeds prior to start-up, to identify problems if speeds are changed in the future.
- Troubleshooting and Maintenance: Use the Overview, busmonitor, Scopeware and BarGraph features to find configuration, cabling, protocol and device related issues. Use the reporting feature to create Preventative Maintenance baselines so that minor issues are identified before they become a major problem.
- Development: Use the message recording feature to aid in the design and development of PROFIBUS devices, to identify protocol issues, and to insure proper communications.
The ProfiTrace 2 software package consists of base features and optional features, organized by tabs in the software. The hardware consists of the ProfiCore Ultra PROFIBUS interface module, and the optional tap cables (both DB9 and M12) to connect to PROFIBUS DP segments, and an optional PA Probe to connect to PROFIBUS PA segments.
The advanced ProfiCore Ultra is internally equipped with a high speed digital oscilloscope and is able to capture bus signals running up to the maximum PROFIBUS speed of 12 Mbps. It connects to the PC / laptop running the ProfiTrace 2 software via a USB cable.
The software is available for free download and can be freely installed on any Windows PC, but the features within ProfiTrace 2 are activated through the use of a license file. The license file is tied to the serial number of the ProfiCore Ultra, so in this way only the person in possession of the ProfiCore will actually be able to utilize the software features.
ProfiTrace Feature Tabs
The ProfiTrace busmonitor tab and Overview tab are the base features included with all purchases.
The Scopeware and Bar graph tabs are available with the Scopeware option. In addition, the Network Manager tab is useful with the Scopeware feature since its primary purpose is measuring multi-segment PROFIBUS networks to create a seamless network report.
The Topology tab draws a network topology diagram of the PROFIBUS Network for 500kbps and 1.5Mbps networks, and is available with the Topology Scan option. In addition the Network Manager tab can be used to create the topology for the entire network when measuring multi-segment networks.
Lastly the ProfiCaptain tab provides the PROFIBUS Class 2 Master tool. This can be used for installation and commissioning networks, as well as for bench testing devices and advanced troubleshooting. It is available with the ProfiCaptain 2 option.Money Saving Kits
Money Saving Kits
There are 2 money saving kits available with bundles of features at a discounted price.
- The Ultra Plus kit combines the ProfiTrace base package (ProfiTrace, ProfiCore Ultra, USB Cable, Carrying Case) with Scopeware and Topology Scan options, and adds the DB9 Tap Cable. This kit is the starting point for most ProfiTrace users.
- The Ultra Pro kit is also available and it includes all of the features in the Plus kit, and adds ProfiCaptain 2, the PA Probe cable, and adds in the OPC Server optional software.The OPC Server software makes it possible to gather PROFIBUS device information and present it to OPC Client software. This feature enables the live status of the PROFIBUS network to be reported directly to a SCADA system (or other OPC Client), allowing maintenance engineers and operators to react quickly to any PROFIBUS related alarms or irregular events coming up on the HMI screen. This data can also be used for IIoT (Industrial Internet of Things) applications.
Grid Connect offers onsite training and onsite troubleshooting to customers across the USA using ProfiTrace 2 with the ProfiCore Ultra and other great PROCENTEC products. As a PROCENTEC Gold Distributor, we have the product expertise and PROFIBUS knowledge to help customers with all aspects of PROFIBUS fieldbus networks.
Manufacturer Part # (MPN)
|GC-DETECT-PB-TR2-HW-SW-SCOPE-CAPT2-TOPO||Scopeware + ProfiCaptain 2 + TopologyScan||30020|
By itself (without the optional ScopeWare, TopologyScan and ProfiCaptain 2), ProfiTrace 2 software provides multiple views of your network, including the Live List View, the Messages View, the Station Statistics View and the Data Inspection view. This enhanced version of of the original ProfiTrace allows you to quickly find: Repeats, Fall-outs, Corrupted messages, Diagnostics, Cycle time, and other issues.
- Colorful representation of detected devices with real-time updates
- Advice & warnings: Ident number mismatch, Watchdog not set, Illegal configuration
- Last diagnostic, parameter, configuration and data-exchange message
- GSD file management for product and diagnostic identification
- Colorful visualization of FDL, DP, DP-V1, DP-V2, PA and I&M messages
- Messages can be filtered and stored
- Data interpretation engine (byte, word, floating point, etc.)
- Error detection
- Powerful statistics for every error and device (repeats, fall outs, etc.)
- Seventeen (17) different statistics are tracked for each PROFIBUS node
- Helps you further break down captured messages into more meaningful representations.
- Can be used to permanently show the latest captured data in a variety of formats and views.
The optional >ScopeWare is the major breakthrough in the new ProfiTrace 2 family. The oscilloscope hardware is built into the new ProfiCore Ultra, and the ScopeWare software allows you view the integrated scope right on your PC screen.
- Time scale: 50 ns to 500 ms
- Voltage scale: 0.5 to 5 V per DIV
- Cursor measurement lines (voltage and time)
- Differential (B-A) and single ended (A and/or B line) measurements
- Free running or trigger per device
- Trigger features: start of response or request message
ProfiCore Ultra features
- Frequency: 192 MHz.
- Bandwith: 100 MHz.
- Differential measurement: -9 to +9 V.
- Single ended: -4.5 to +8 V.
Bar Graph features
- Average, Min. and Max. signal levels per device
- Color indicates the quality of the signal
- Continuously updated
The optional TopologyScan is a key feature in the ProfiTrace 2 family, allowing you to diagram your network and give you an accurate picture of where to go in your network when trouble arises. TopologyScan must be purchased with ScopeWare.
- Automatic generation of the network topology
- No shutdown required!
- No disturbance in the cycle time!
- Works on 500 kbps and 1,5 Mbps
- On passive networks (no active Master) create a topology scan in conjunction with ProfiCaptain 2
OPC Server Features:
The optional OPC Server is the latest feature in the ProfiTrace 2 family. Using the OPC Server, you can display ProfiTrace tags in a SCADA/HMI package or link it to an SMS/email client and sent a message when something happens with the PROFIBUS installation or even generate your own report in MS Word/Excel. Every application that acts as OPC client can utilize the ProfiTrace tags. It does NOT corrupt the PROFIBUS cycle time because the information comes from busmonitoring (listening).
Available Tags include
- Live List data per device
- Statistics per device (Syncs, Retries, Lost, etc.)
- Process variables from Data Exchange messages
The optional ProfiCaptain software is now completely integrated within ProfiTrace 2.
- The ability to put slaves in Data Exchange
- I/O testing with automatic patterns
- Automatic detection of existing busparameters
- Unique concept of 'stealing' slaves
- Class 2 functions in a Class 1 framework
- No shutdowns when updating the configuration
- Deactivating slaves in the configuration
- View more information on ProfiCaptain PROFIBUS master software
Complete Package Features:
- Simple USB port connection and software installation
- Essential for commissioning, troubleshooting, and maintenance
- Finds faults like double addresses, wire-breaks, configuration faults, data overshots, damaged messages, retries and diagnostics are captured and logged.
- Analyzer with powerful statistics Enhanced version of ProfiTrace 1: Repeats, Fall-outs, Corrupted messages, Diagnostics, Cycle time, etc.
- High speed digital oscilloscope (with optional ScopeWare) provides Differential voltage, A-line, B-line, Noise, Overshoots, Reflections, Triggers.
- Bar graphs (with optional ScopeWare) Average, Min. and Max. values of the bus signals per device.
- Reporting Automatic generation of detailed reports that are accepted by the industry.
- Optional DP-V0/V1 master ProfiCaptain 2 has been completely integrated with even more features.
- ProfiCore Ultra USB interface Useable on PC platforms, no power supply required and elimination of spur lines.
- The optional PA Probe Ultra makes a measurement on PA segments possible (coming soon).
- PROFIBUS baud rates from 9.6 kbps to 12 Mbps.
- Works on XP and Vista platforms
- Galvanic Isolation of PROFIBUS Network
- USB 2.0 Interface
- PA Probe - Makes a physical connection and measurement on a PROFIBUS PA segment possible.
- Tap Connector 2 - Simple cable allows for easy connection of ProfiCore Ultra to PROFIBUS network.
- Troubleshooting Toolkit PLUS - Kit includes: ProfiCore Ultra, USB Cable, ProfiTrace 2, ScopeWare, TopologyScan, Tap Connector 2, Blue Carrying Case
- Troubleshooting Toolkit Ultra Pro - Kit includes:ProfiCore Ultra, USB Cable, ProfiTrace 2, ScopeWare, TopologyScan, ProifCaptain 2, OPC Server, Tap Connector 2, PA Probe, Blue Carrying Case, Manual
Documents and Drivers
ProfiTrace 2 Brochure
Software & Firmware
Registration on PROCENTEC’s website is required to download items.
Request a Quote
Curious about bulk pricing? Please fill out the information below and our sales team will provide a quote within 1 business day.
Enter up to two product names/SKUs and up to three quantities for each product. If more products/quantity quotes are needed, please include your requests in the message section below.
Please provide information where we can send your quote and reach you in the case where further information is required with the quote.
Please provide information where you'd like the products shipped to so we can give you the most accurate quote possible.
Please help us understand your use case so we can provide you with the best possible solution. This step is optional, so please feel free to skip it if you'd like.
Please confirm your request and we will get back to you within 1 business day.
Thanks for submitting your quote request. You should receive an email with a copy of your request shortly, and a member from our sales team will reply to you within 1 business day.
We have the best technical support engineers that know how to use our products.
If our Tech Support cannot solve your problem, we will contact the design engineer or manufacturer to help find a resolution.